Buying a motherboard can be a daunting task, especially when you already have a processor selected in mind. Whether you are building your own system from scratch or replacing your old motherboard with a new one for better performance, it is very important to make sure you are investing in the right motherboard.
Otherwise, you might not be able to enjoy the full performance of the CPU, RAM, and GPU that you have configured. Or, in some cases, the motherboard and processor may not even be compatible with each other. In short, there are a lot of things to consider before making a purchase.
The best gaming motherboard for i5 6600k is the one that can take full advantage of the 4-core 3.5Ghz. You have to work with lower wattage and 4K resolution for this to be a truly compatible motherboard.
Some tips work and some don’t. If you are looking for an i5 6600k overclock motherboard, your needs are completely different.
Best motherboard for i5 6600k in 2021
- Best motherboard for i5 6600k | Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel GA-Z170X
- Best pro motherboard for i5 6600k | MSI Pro B250 LGA 1151 series
- Best gaming motherboard for i5 6600k | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming 3400
- Best budget motherboard for i5 6600k | ASRock EXTREME4 MicroATX LGA 1151 Z170M motherboard
- Best cheap motherboard for i5 6600k | Gigabyte LGA 1151 GA-Z170-HD3 Bidirectional CrossFire
- Best motherboard for i5 6600k in usa| Asus Z170 ATX LGA1151
|Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel GA-Z170X||
|MSI Pro B250 LGA 1151 series||
|Asus Z170 PRO Gaming 3400||
|ASRock EXTREME4 MicroATX LGA 1151 Z170M motherboard||
|Gigabyte LGA 1151 GA-Z170-HD3 Bidirectional CrossFire||
|Asus Z170 ATX LGA1151||
- This motherboard has an Intel Z170 git chipset..
- Have dual BIOS..
- There are three PCI-Express 3.0 slots and two PCI-Express 3.0 × 1 slots..
- It has been equipped with two M.2 storage slots, six SATA 3, and three SATA Express..
- There are four dual-channel DDR4 DIMM slots..
- It has a maximum RAM size of 64 GB..
- The motherboard is also equipped with a 7.1-channel HD audio port..
- 13-inch x 11-inch x 3-inch mobo dimensions.
- It has a faster data transfer speed of up to 16 Gbps over SATA and 32 Gbps over M.2..
- A high performance E2201 LAN controller..
- Qualcomm OP-AMP transferable..
- X-Fi MB3 sound launcher for true gaming audio experience.
This Gigabyte LGA1151 gaming motherboard is compatible with 6th Generation Intel Core processors. This motherboard has a unique design, as it has a metal shield, has a neutral color and is compatible with 100W USB Type-C.
It is the best motherboard among the best gaming models. However, the board only has red LEDs and the main feature is that it can be turned off. The motherboard allows only one brand of cable which can double the amount.
This motherboard also has a water pump feed head that will control the fans and the dish pump. The extra durable PCIe metal shield will protect your motherboard from damage caused by the heavy graphics cards.
- It has a faster data transfer speed of up to 16 Gbps over SATA and 32 Gbps over M.2
- A high performance E2201 LAN controller
- Qualcomm OP-AMP transferable
- X-Fi MB3 sound launcher for true gaming audio experience
- No reset and power buttons
- LGA 1151 socket with Intel B250 chipset..
- One PCI-Express 3.0 X16 port and one PCI-Express X1 port..
- One M.2 slot and six SATA III slots..
- It has military-grade class 5 components…
- This motherboard supports DDR4 memory..
- It is equipped with six USB 2.0 ports and six USB 3.1 ports..
- It also has a LAN connection port..
- DVI-D, VGA, serial and audio ports.
- USB section lighting..
- The LED can be used as needed…
- It adapts to any PC, so you don’t have to worry about form factor and stability…
- You can easily overclock it without limitations…
- Turbo transfer speeds with M.2 slots..
- Studio sound quality.
This is the second-best gaming motherboard on our list, designed by MSI which will usher your experience into the new era of gaming. This motherboard has been presented with a unique look, it has unlimited customization options.
This GAMING motherboard is sure to give you the best gaming experience possible. This motherboard is compatible with the 7th and 6th generations. It also supports DDR4-2400 memory.
This motherboard was founded after a long experience and built using the most powerful tools on the market. It is packed with smart features which means that you can very easily trust this motherboard to give you the best experience under any circumstance.
- USB section lighting
- The LED can be used as needed.
- It adapts to any PC, so you don’t have to worry about form factor and stability.
- You can easily overclock it without limitations.
- Turbo transfer speeds with M.2 slots
- Studio sound quality
- If you want to use new memory, you will need to update the BIOS first
- This motherboard comes with 5-way optimization..
- Two PCIe 3.0 x16 slots, one PCIe 3.0 x16, and three PCIe 3.0 x1..
- HDMI, DVI, VGA, and DisplayPort connection ports..
- One SATA Express socket, four SATA, and one M.2 Generation 3..
- Latest Intel Gigabit Ethernet I219-V.
- Faster boot time and extreme overclocking functionality..
- Improved stability..
- Signal coupling technology provides better performance and secure connection.
Asus has always tried to provide its customers with simple but beautiful products tailored to their needs. ASUS introduces the ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming with great specs, but great if you’re on a budget. ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming motherboard comes with 5-way tuning controls that allow full capacity operation and easy overclocking of the processor.
The Z170 ATX is made from the LGA1151 socket with a DDR3 or DDR4 memory controller. Additionally, it supports dual DDR4 3400. The style of the card matches the red and black theme common to all game components.
In addition, the motherboard is backward compatible with the LGA1150 socket which is common to Broadwell. The RAMCache function will allow the motherboard to speed up the loading of games.
The style of the board matches the red and black theme common to all game components. In addition, it is compatible with CrossFire and SLI. The Z170 Pro Gaming offers a better power solution: the rugged processor. The CPU is an eight-phase VRM and allows a ten-phase implementation.
The motherboard has a Gigabit Ethernet port which allows Guard protection for the Asus LAN. It also has SupremeFX which allows for a perfect audio experience. It has Sonic Radar ll which will allow you to detect and scan the enemies that you will have to dominate.
- Faster boot time and extreme overclocking functionality
- Improved stability
- Signal coupling technology provides better performance and secure connection
- If you have high specificity RAM modules, please do not get mobo support
- The motherboard is equipped with two channels..
- Features a non-ECC unbuffered card with 64 GB RAM capacity..
- There are four DDR4 DIMM slots..
- Three PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots, one PCI Express 3.0 x1..
- There are six SATA III ports that support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10..
- Two USB 2.0 ports, six USB 3.0 ports, and two USB 3.1 ports..
- One DVI-D port, one HDMI, one RJ45 LAN, one S / PDIF optical output, and one keyboard/mouse port..
- Audio input/output jacks.
- The motherboard has more controlled fan speed due to PWM support versus voltage power..
- It has been fitted with power/reset buttons, M.2 slots, a built-in HEX display to take this card up a notch..
- Can use multiple GPUs..
- The motherboard is compact in design to give you more free space in the cabinet..
This motherboard offers exceptional graphics performance that will help you get the best gaming experience with little to no hassle. This is the best product for your i5 6600K if you need to overclock.
The motherboard comes with 12 phases of power, reset, or power buttons and a HEX diagnostic screen, which makes the ASRock Z170M EXTREME4 the best mo-bo in its class due to the overlap. It comes with four RAM slots which will be compatible with various futuristic video cards.
It comes with SLI support and two cross-cards. If we talk more about the motherboard, we can say that due to its micro ATX mobo design, the motherboard will accommodate compressed processor cases.
- The motherboard has more controlled fan speed due to PWM support versus voltage power
- It has been fitted with power/reset buttons, M.2 slots, a built-in HEX display to take this card up a notch
- Can use multiple GPUs
- The motherboard is compact in design to give you more free space in the cabinet.
- 12 power phases provide higher OC and power stability
- Secondary “recovery” BIOS with Intel LAN controller achieves extreme overclocking conditions
- It does not prop up 4K video playback
- You may have to deal with a fixed voltage while overclocking
- Intel Z170 chipset with LGA 1151 socket..
- The motherboard has four DDR4 memory slots with a maximum capacity of 64 GB..
- DVI-D, HDMI, and D-Sub graphics ports..
- It has been equipped with two USB ports..
- Features six SATA connectors and three SATA express storage slots..
- Support for AMD’s two-way crossfire technology..
- Two PCI slots, two PCIe 3.0 x1, one PCIe 3.0 x4, and one PCIe 3.0 x16.
- Provides a maximum transfer rate of 16 Gbps with dual-channel SATA express connectors..
- RGB LED function with integrated audio sound blaster..
- The 1/4 threaded connections on the heat sinks..
- Support for 4K Ultra HD video..
- Metal enclosure over PCI slots improves durability and eliminates GPU sag.
This motherboard supports 6th Generation Intel Core processors and provides Audio Noise Guard with LED lighting. The motherboard has long-lasting Solid Solid caps – the APP Center, including the Easy Tune and Cloud Station utilities. SATA Express supports data transfer of at least 16 Gb / s.
This motherboard is perfect for user needs such as gaming, photography, content production, etc. This motherboard is good for providing good efficiency and good speed.
PCI lanes are reinforced with a metal casing to improve durability and prevent the GPU from jamming. The product has a built-in Creative Sound Blaster that will allow you to get better sound without the need for a desktop DAC.
- Provides a maximum transfer rate of 16 Gbps with dual-channel SATA express connectors
- RGB LED function with integrated audio sound blaster
- The 1/4 threaded connections on the heat sinks
- Support for 4K Ultra HD video
- Metal enclosure over PCI slots improves durability and eliminates GPU sag
- No free PCI slots
- Have fewer USB connectivity ports
- The motherboard is fully compatible with 6th and 7th generation Intel processors…
- The motherboard has dimensions of 12 inches by 1 inch by 9.6 inches..
- It has been equipped with four dual DDR4 DIMM slots with a maximum capacity of 64 GB..
- There are USB 3.1, USB 2.0, SATA, and M.2 slots for connection and data transfer purposes…
- It also has an Ethernet LAN connector for networks…
- HDMI, DVI-D, and VGA ports.
- SupremeFX sound technology delivers high-quality audio output while gaming..
- It also has great DIY features with durable and sturdy components…
- Motherboard supports higher data transfer speeds with M.2 and USB 3.1 slots..
- Excellent motherboard for gaming needs on an i5 6600K processor.
Talk about this motherboard, it has pristine sound, gigabit Ethernet with protected networks, and is compatible with 6th gen Intel processors. It also has smart DIY functions and many other features that make ASUS Z170 LGA1151 motherboard a favorite for mobo game users.
Optimized form factor provides reliable, stable, and protected operation. Asus is widely regarded as the best brand, producing stylish yet easy-to-use products for its customers.
- SupremeFX sound technology delivers high-quality audio output while gaming
- It also has great DIY features with durable and sturdy components.
- Motherboard supports higher data transfer speeds with M.2 and USB 3.1 slots
- Excellent motherboard for gaming needs on an i5 6600K processor
- The motherboard has fewer USB connectivity ports
- It does not have a built-in Wi-Fi installation
Things you should keep in mind while shopping for an i5 6600k motherboard
While you are thinking about purchasing a product, there are some points to keep in mind that will help you get the job done a little bit more. Many times you are very mystified when thinking to purchase a product, pondering which one to buy and which not to buy. But that wouldn’t happen again.
Mentioned below are some essential features or rather factors that you should consider and the process of buying a motherboard for your i5 6600K system. It would make things really easy.
But first, let’s take a quick look at this top-notch processor from Intel.
Intel i5 6600K
The i5 6600k is a sixth-generation Intel processor. It is one of the best and most loved products in the Skylake range. It supports DDR3L and DDR4 memory chips. It can have a maximum screen resolution of 4096 x 2304 pixels.
All of this means that you will get faster response and refresh rates, detailed screen details, higher resolution, and an improved gaming experience. One of the best things about the i5 6600k is that you can overclock it without worrying about limitations.
This feature makes it ideal for gaming and creating multimedia content. In the i5 6600K processor, the processors come with 4 3.5 GHz cores, which consume less power and allow 4 k resolutions, especially for gaming and content creation.
Gambling is something most of us opt for. There are a lot of people who make gambling their main profit. And for them, these types of motherboards are a great option. Z170 motherboards are considered to be very influential motherboards for the i5 6600K system.
Our main consideration should be overclocking capability and cross-fire support. The Intel i5 6600K processor is the sixth generation of Intel processors. It’s probably said to be one of the more prominent mid-range products in this mid-range budget range.
The best part about the i5 6600K is that it can overclock without any difficulty. These features bring the most desired gaming experience to gamers.
What makes an ideal motherboard for an i5 6600k?
These are the most outstanding features that make an ideal motherboard for an I5 6600k.
Each motherboard has its own shape and size. Along with that, there are connectors, port types, and locations to consider. Also important are the mounting holes and the complete design of the power interface. A compatible design that fits perfectly should be your priority.
You will need a motherboard that supports the existing RAM in your Intel i5 6600k and consider a model that supports RAM as well.
Supported processor, expansion ports, and slots
The Intel i5 6600k is considered the fastest, but to reach its maximum you will need a compatible motherboard which should give you more ports and slots needed for future expansion. The selected model must also support your current processor speed.
To build a PC that will be used only for gaming, you will need motherboards with a 100 series chipset. These chipsets are not replaceable, so make sure you know the specs for the model you are purchasing.
If you are one of those gamers who want a mid-range gaming experience with i5 6600K then the ones mentioned below are the best motherboard for i5 6600K.
What kind of motherboard can I use for i5 6600k?
This 6th generation Intel processor is unlocked to give you the best performance you want. It is explicitly built for LGA 1151 motherboards. So I recommend you go for this chipset for optimized performance in your games and when using high-end applications.
Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel GA is our top pick for today’s topic as it meets all the requirements required for compatibility with the i5 6600k.
What are our picks for the best i5 6600k compatible motherboards? Read on to see what we’ve picked, including some picks you might not find on other listings like this!
Now let’s take a look at the reviews of the best mobo for i5 6600K.
The form factor of a motherboard refers to the shape, size, connectors and ports, location and type, power interface, and mounting holes. Well, not all sizes and shapes would fit your system and so when you are about to buy a motherboard for yourself, try to keep in mind that the motherboard needs to fit the system ‘i5 6600K.
There are different types of motherboards for different systems, and it is really very necessary to take that into account. The ATX design is the most common size for any system and has a large number of memory sockets and PCIe slots.
When buying a motherboard, try to get a good idea of the number of RAM slots. RAM slots are just as important when purchasing a motherboard for your system. You need to make sure that the motherboard you buy supports the RAM that you already have or need to use.
For example, DDR-2 is a common RAM that fits all motherboards. However, the motherboard should also support RAM.
Slots, Ports, and processors
People often make a mistake: they never ask to look at the processor they are buying. You should always keep track of which processors and how fast the motherboard can maintain.
Make sure that the motherboard you buy can accommodate the processors with the efficiency you want. It’s no use. You should also check the number of slots and ports on the motherboard.
While you are doing a study on the motherboards you are considering buying, check the type of chipset. This is just because chipsets are the main thing that cannot be changed or replaced. So do good research on your motherboard chipset to make sure it is useful to you.
The most important point is your budget. You need to consider how much money you can afford. Once you’ve set your budget at a certain point, you can look for products that fit that budget.
There are tons of options out there for you, but if you don’t know your budget and don’t fix it before the time comes, it would create a big problem.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the i5 6600k chipset?
I5 6600k has an Intel HD Graphics 530 chipset.
Is the i5 6600k good for gaming?
It is perfectly aimed at gamers who want to explore the world of games.
How to overclock the i5 6600k?
For the i5 6600k overlock, you need to follow these steps:
- Turn on your pc
- Press Delete to enter BIOS
- Now press f7 for advanced mode
- Open the AI settings menu
- Go to the break time control and click Enter.
What kind of motherboard can I use for i5 6600k?
Surely you can use an unlocked 6th gen Intel processor for even higher performance
To conclude the article, we have reviewed several previous motherboards to increase your knowledge on choosing the best motherboard for your system. Plus, all of the above motherboards are amazing.
You can choose any of them taking into account your needs. Also, you might not like all motherboards, but you will surely buy one from this list. We discuss the best motherboard for i5 6600k in detail in this article. Now the choice is yours!
Originally posted 2021-07-26 12:17:01.